Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Summer.....










Summer goes by so fast! Here is a quick catch up...Rach's Birthday, June 19 and then we headed up to Provo to stay with my sister Carol for Stadium of Fire for the fourth. I love to be in Provo for this holiday. We went to the parade in the morning and then to the fireworks, Hanna Montana, Blue Man...it was great. I think my favorite part is at the beginning when the planes fly low over the stadium, it is so loud! You just can't help but feel proud to be an American. We had a wonderful time with my sister and her family they always have their door open and treat us so well. Then on the way home we stopped by Cove Fort. I've tried more than once to get my family to stop but we are always in too big of a rush.  Brittney had never been there and Kate needed to stop and stretch. The minute we stepped from the car we were greeted by a very sweet brother such a great missionary. You could feel the sweet spirit immediately, the huge trees, green grass and this home of Ira Hinckley family. They moved it from Coalville when they rededicated Cove Fort. Thirteen people slept in this little room! We are so spoiled...I loved the hardware on the front door, no doubt this home was filled with love!
Then we toured the fort and this was a picture from behind by the pond, if you look in the background you can see where the brown starts this is where the fire last year stopped. I had heard about it but until I was standing there really seeing how close that fire was I had no idea. I was just struck with how much Heavenly Father loves us and watches over us. I was so, so thankful we stopped. If you are driving up north....take a minute its only 1 mile off the freeway and you will be so glad you did!

2 comments:

karly angela zobrist said...

me cami and brit are real depressed right now, we have no boyfriends... really cami feels like an outcast

Allison Barnes said...

I will have to stop at cove fort next time... we've never been there! Thanks for the inspiration!