Sunday, August 9, 2009

Ok, I give in...

I have layed here for a few hours trying to sleep but it will not come. I read Linda's last post this afternoon and have not stopped thinking about Amber. This is the third time that I have strongly felt like we need to have a fast for Amber. I even talked to some people about the idea month's ago and asked what they thought, Kathie that is personal for the Schlauder's, so ok but tonight I'm thinking about the books I've just finished per Keri's recommendation, Sarah's Quilt and These are My Words and the strongest message I got from these books was how these people could have Never made it by themselves. They made it because their family and friends, neighbors provided for each other in every way, emotionally, spiritually, physically. They ralled together in times of trials. We need to learn from those pioneers. I want to help Amber and I know so many people do. Can we set a date to have a fast for her? I know I can't do alot but I can add my prayer and go to the Lord fasting and specifically ask what Pres. Schlauder and Linda would have us pray for, for Amber maybe that just simply she will feel the Saviors Love for her. Can we also have a fast for Adam Bergquist? I don't know if this is the right place to put this out there...I'll remove it immediately Linda if its not but what does everyone feel about it? Maybe we could even have a break the fast and have Amber come. We stopped at Cove Fort on our way home Sunday and there were some missionary couples doing dutch oven and I asked do you eat together every Sunday and she said no just Fast Sunday. Some of the men went fishing and we have a turkey cooking in the ground, so we're having our Break the Fast...I thought just college kids did that.

3 comments:

Grama Linda said...

Oh Kathie thank you so much for your love and support & your worry and concern for our family. We need all the help we can get.

I would love it if we all could fast for Amber, Adam and any others who need our special combined efforts of prayer and fasting.
Thank you again.
I love you.

P.S. I am sorry you lost sleep...it seems we were both awake at 3am!

Janae' said...

Kathie-
You are a fountain of goodness. I'm so lucky to know you. I got an email from Keri about the fast on Sunday. I'll be out of town but know I'm there with you!
Love you!
Janae'

Kathy's Boys said...

Kathie,
I'm sorry I didn't see your blog until tonight. I did
fast for Adam, and I will for Amber another time now.
And you are right. It does take a village to raise our kids and to help each other out. I'm grateful for great
neighbors like you and would love to do whatever I can do for Amber or any of our loved ones. Brad gave a talk today in another ward on Charity. And you are the definition of Charity.