Monday, September 8, 2008

Talent.




Can you believe this darling little girl?? And this darling little sweater and hat?? Jan made this for me awhile ago with a matching blanket and booties. Really still to this day I can't believe she did that!!  I would never have the patience that it would take to finish a project like this or the talent. I was overwhelmed that someone would give a gift that took so much time to make to me.  It touched my heart and made me feel very loved; its also made me think alittle more about the gifts I give, how they make others feel, what they say....its been really hard cause I can't think of just giving it to one of my grandaughters...Jan just laughs and thinks that is so silly but it is truly a treasure and was a gift from the heart...thank you Jan for sharing your many gifts.  I just can't believe Kate is growing up so fast!

5 comments:

email and phone numbers said...

oh, Kathie.... it looks so much better on Kate than in a bag in your closet! I had forgotten all about it! I really did turn out pretty cute huh?!

You are so sweet - it's so wonderful to have good friends.... to have GREAT friends! I love you xo

Allison Barnes said...

Wow Jan... That's amazing. You are one talented lady! Kate looks adorable in it!

suzanne said...

jan is unbelievable.

and kate looks darling in her little masterpiece.

Melody B. said...

Jan made me a blanket for Hailey (my oldest) when she was born. It was green, pink, and cream and had little sheep crocheted on it. She also add "Hailey had a little lamb" on it. I NEVER let her use it, but we still have it in the baby's room. It is a keepsake that I treasure. I too was overwhelmed that someone would take this kind of time for ME! I think she may have gotten in line (where God was handing out talents) again and again because she sure has a lot!

Anonymous said...

She is pretty much the cutest thing ever!! I bet you are one "hip granny"! haha. I love you!